In the Winter time it is essential to make sure to boost up our skin care routine. Winter cracked or dry skin is not the best especially with Spring slowly creeping up on us. One of my favourite Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tricks is my Shea Butter mixture that I use on my skin and hair. The ingredients used for this batch is as follows;
- 7tbs Shea butter
- 3tbs Coconut Oil
- 3tbs Almond Oil
- 2tbs Vitamin E Oil
- 2tbs Tamanu Oil
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2x Bowls
- Hand Mixer
- Container for mixture
Shea Butter – is great for dry skin and helps to protect the skin’s natural oils. It also reduces inflammation
Coconut Oil – natural antibacterial and anti fungal. Is an excellent moisturiser which is one of the best penetrator
Almond Oil – rich with vitamin E and A oil
Vitamin E Oil – powerful antioxidant that helps with regenerating and nourishing the skin
Tamanu Oil – natural treatment for acne, scars, eczema, toenail fungus and more
Tea Tree Essential Oil – effective antiviral and anti-fatigue. It also has antiseptic properties used to treat cuts, wounds and other skin issues.
- I start by heating up water and adding that to a bowl, that is placed under the actual bowl I will be mixing the mixture in.
- Then adding all of the shea butter and oil to a large bowl.
- After all ingredients are in the bowl, slowly start the hand mixer. The warm water under the bowl will allow for all of the ingredients to melt and become a watery mixture.
- Once all ingredients are well mixed pour it into the container.
These are the oils that that I had at hand and used. However, the oils and essential can be played around with. You can use 100% olive oil or lavender essential oil for instance.
Have you ever made your own SHEA BUTTER mixture? What do you add differently in yours?